property editor won't change size of rectangle

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Charles Dyer

property editor won't change size of rectangle

Post by Charles Dyer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 pm

PropertyEditorRectangle.png
PropertyEditorRectangle.png (16.28 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
QCAD PRO 3.21.3 on Ubuntu 16.04

I am having trouble using the property editor on a simple closed polyline which was constructed using the rectangle tool with width set at 20 and height set at 25 and "create polyline" turned on.

I would like to change the width to 25, for example, and thus I selected the object, which invoked the property editor where I could look at the width and height, which were as I had set them, and they both allow me to type the desired new value. I typed 25 for the new width but there was no change at all. I hit RETURN and TAB in successive attempts to try to "force" the change to be read, but still no change.

I tried a similar thing but with a circle of given radius, and in that case the property editor happily allowed me to alter the radius, and it really happened.

My suspicion is that the request to increase the width from 20 to 25 is not a sufficiently qualified request, for it does not include the information as to which side to move over by the 5 units from 20 to 25. But I cannot see how to add that extra information.

What am I missing?

Thanks and cheers,

- charles

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: property editor won't change size of rectangle

Post by Husky » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,

that is a bug which occurs in the last QCAD Version and is fixed for the next release.
To bridge the time until the next stable update comes out please download the Snapshot release (3.21.3.15) in your QCAD Shop.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Charles Dyer

Re: property editor won't change size of rectangle

Post by Charles Dyer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Thanks for the quick response. The qcad snapshot 3.21.3.15 works very well.

Thanks, and cheers,

- charles

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”