Subscript sizing and command prompt blinking cursor.

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Silhorn
Registered Member

Subscript sizing and command prompt blinking cursor.

Post by Silhorn » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:40 am

Hello,

I have a few question I need answered. I am using QCAD pro on windows 10.

The subscript and superscript text are a bit small too me. I can barely make the text out sometimes. I want to make the superscript and subscript texts bigger so for example, SO4 I tried to make the text size 2.5 for SO and 3.0 for 4 then make 4 a subscript.
If they are both the same size it works but if I do it different sizes when I press ok the text turns into:
SO\H34;
I think it's bug?

In autocad and other cad software when I finished typing a command in the command line after I am doing with the command and want to type another command I can just type it straight after. In QCAD I have to click on the command line so the blinking cursor appears before I type in the next command.
This wastes time and gets annoying. Is there a way to make the blinking cursor always stay on the command line?

Another command line problem is I usually just type the first letter of the command and then press space bar to execute the command in autocad. Example is for line I just enter letter l, then press space bar and I get the line command. Is this possible in QCAD?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Subscript sizing and command prompt blinking cursor.

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:04 am

Silhorn wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:40 am
SO4 I tried to make the text size 2.5 for SO and 3.0 for 4 then make 4 a subscript.
Unfortunately, these commands are rather primitive and cannot be nested.

This code when entered into the property editor might work:

Code: Select all

SO\H3;\S^4;
Is there a way to make the blinking cursor always stay on the command line?
Unlike other CAD software, QCAD is not command line centered. In QCAD, there's no need to use the command line to launch commands at all. You can even hide it completely. The recommended (most productive) way to launch a command it through its unique two letter code (for example LI for lines), that's just the key L followed by the key I, no enter, no command line focus.

If you do need the command line (usually for coordinate entry), press Space to give the focus to the command line, enter the coordinate and press enter.
Another command line problem is I usually just type the first letter of the command and then press space bar to execute the command in autocad. Example is for line I just enter letter l, then press space bar and I get the line command. Is this possible in QCAD?
You can use completion with the Tab key. This works if the start of a command is already unique. Tab twice lists all candidates of commands starting with the string already entered. Again, two letter keycodes without the command line are the most efficient way of working.

Please post unrelated questions into separate topics in the future to avoid mixed topics, thanks.

Silhorn
Registered Member

Post by Silhorn » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 am

I've tried SO\H3;\S^4; it works in the editor but when press ok it doesn't work. I guess I will have to live without it then. No big deal.

I did not know about the 2 letter commands and using space to focus on the command line. Thanks for the link to the pdf I will use try 2 letter commands from now on.

Many thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:02 am

Silhorn wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 am
I've tried SO\H3;\S^4; it works in the editor but when press ok it doesn't work. I guess I will have to live without it then. No big deal.
You'd have to enter this code in the property editor (View > Property Editor). The text dialog does not support this.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”