Extracting Ansi A-E with block attributes

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

simpsonrr

Extracting Ansi A-E with block attributes

Post by simpsonrr » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm

I found this zip file and it downloaded to the last opened folder under my documents. I was trying to unzip the templates to the QCad Library templates in the C:\program folder, but it says I don't have administrative rights so it won't unzip them. Can I not add these to the already existing Libraries, or do I have to store them in my documents drive. I thought I would put them in the QCad Library so I could easily access them in the "File, New From Template" pulldown.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Extracting Ansi A-E with block attributes

Post by Husky » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 pm

Assuming you are on a Windows OS ...

Download the zip,
save it do your download folder,
extract the downloaded zip,
copy/move the extracted files to that QCAD folder, keep an eye on what belongs into the imperial or metric folder ...
Restart QCAD, check "New from Templates".
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

simpsonrr

Re: Extracting Ansi A-E with block attributes

Post by simpsonrr » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:30 pm

Yes, I forgot to mention I have windows 10. I unzipped files in the QCad folder in my documents where I store drawings. After I unzipped them I was able to copy them to the imperial templates under the C:programs\ QCad, and they showed up in the "File" menu after I exited and reopened QCad.
Not sure what the administrative message was about, it's my personal laptop and I'm the only one that uses it, so I assume I should have administrative rights to anywhere on the computer. I thought it was somehow tied to the zip file.
Thanks.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”