[SOLVED] Disappearing Yellow Snap Indications (Circle and Text) After Setting Up Layout / Viewport

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

giocad
Newbie Member

[SOLVED] Disappearing Yellow Snap Indications (Circle and Text) After Setting Up Layout / Viewport

Post by giocad » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:50 pm

I have been enjoying using QCAD Professional (currently 3.29.3.0, Windows 10)!

However, I am having a (small) issue with the yellow Snap indications (circle and text) disappearing, after setting up a Layout (*Paper Space), and Viewport, and upon returning to the Model (*Model Space). Back in the Model, Snaps appear to work, but the yellow Snap indications (circle and text) indicating what you will Snap to are no longer available. Of course Snaps are turned ON, and set to Snap > Auto (SA). Closing and reopening the drawing remedies the situation, as does quitting and restarting the software.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 185009.png
Before Setting Up a Layout / Viewport (Notice Yellow Snap Indications, Circle and Text)
Screenshot 2024-02-15 185009.png (105.09 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
Screenshot 2024-02-15 185153.png
After Setting Up a Layout / Viewport (Notice Absence of Yellow Snap Indications, Circle and Text)
Screenshot 2024-02-15 185153.png (100.24 KiB) Viewed 1284 times

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Steps to Replicate (executed in the attached Drawing):

Test.dwg
Drawing for Replicating Issue
(17.7 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

- Drawing Unit, Paper Unit, and Measurement System: Meter, Millimeter, and Metric, respectively.
- Create Geometry in Model(*Model_Space): Big Rectangle containing a Small Square with Diagonals.
- Switch to Layout1(*Paper_Space).
- Click Drawing Preferences icon:
Printing > Page
Page Orientation: Portrait
Paper Size: ISO A4
Viewport Scale: 1:1
Show Paper Borders: Checked
Point Size (mm): 0.5
- Click Single Page icon.
- Add Viewport (Draw > Viewport > Add Viewport (VT)):
Select Extents of the Big Rectangle (click Upper Left then click Lower Right)
Select Scale: 1:1000
Place Viewport within the Layout / Page (click within the Layout / Page)
- Switch to Model(*Model Space).
- Use any Tool to see that the yellow Snap indications (circle and text) are no longer available, for example, Info > Distance Point to Point (IP) to measure width of Small Square.
Last edited by giocad on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Disappearing Yellow Snap Indications (Circle and Text) After Setting Up Layout / Viewport

Post by Husky » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:46 pm

If possible please download/install the now current Qcad version 3.29.4 and test it again.
Please keep us posted.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Disappearing Yellow Snap Indications (Circle and Text) After Setting Up Layout / Viewport

Post by CVH » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:26 pm

Hi,

As if this.setCrosshairCursor(); is missing or not executed for some unknown reason.
https://github.com/qcad/qcad/blob/maste ... ePP.js#L54
Although that I don't know of commits to the QCAD code between 3.29.3.0 and 3.29.4 that may be related to this.
It can't be this semicolon: https://github.com/qcad/qcad/commit/9f6 ... 6bfb7844d5
Can't replicate it in an older version but I want to remark or trial something different.

You switch to the Layout Block 'Layout' what will turn on Print Preview mode with options ... To set paper options ...
... All fine but you don't switch back to add a Viewport ... QCAD does that automatically.

One can omit step 3 (Switch to Layout1) and prepare the paper directly in Drawing Preferences (Up to step 11).
Step 3 is then Add Viewport (VT) while you are in Model Space.
Now QCAD will or switch to a single Layout or ask to choose a Layout when there are more than one.

Basically a trial the other way around. :wink:
Does the Snap Indications work if you return to Model Space?

Next question: Does Escape or QQ reset the standard behavior?

Regards,
CVH

amoccia
Registered Member

Post by amoccia » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:46 pm

Hello,

I can confirm this is still an issue with version 3.29.4.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.4. The only way I found to recover is to close and reopen the file or restart QCAD.

v/r,
amoccia

RMK-Designs

Post by RMK-Designs » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:20 pm

I believe this is the same issue I am having. It has been fixed in the next release. See https://ribbonsoft.com/rsforum/viewtop ... 5a916f890e

giocad
Newbie Member

Post by giocad » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:08 pm

CVH wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:26 pm
Hi,

As if this.setCrosshairCursor(); is missing or not executed for some unknown reason.
https://github.com/qcad/qcad/blob/maste ... ePP.js#L54
Although that I don't know of commits to the QCAD code between 3.29.3.0 and 3.29.4 that may be related to this.
It can't be this semicolon: https://github.com/qcad/qcad/commit/9f6 ... 6bfb7844d5
Can't replicate it in an older version but I want to remark or trial something different.

You switch to the Layout Block 'Layout' what will turn on Print Preview mode with options ... To set paper options ...
... All fine but you don't switch back to add a Viewport ... QCAD does that automatically.

One can omit step 3 (Switch to Layout1) and prepare the paper directly in Drawing Preferences (Up to step 11).
Step 3 is then Add Viewport (VT) while you are in Model Space.
Now QCAD will or switch to a single Layout or ask to choose a Layout when there are more than one.

Basically a trial the other way around. :wink:
Does the Snap Indications work if you return to Model Space?

Next question: Does Escape or QQ reset the standard behavior?

Regards,
CVH

Hi CVH, thanks for your reply and for everyone else's, and please excuse my delay! Thank you also for providing another way of doing things, which I have tested, unfortunately with the same results -- upon returning to Model Space the Snap Indicators never return, nor do they return after repeatedly pressing ESC or issuing the QQ command. Best regards!

giocad
Newbie Member

Post by giocad » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:15 pm

Husky wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:46 pm
If possible please download/install the now current Qcad version 3.29.4 and test it again.
Please keep us posted.

Hi Husky, just installed the most recent QCAD Professional Version 3.29.4.0 (3.29.4) for Windows 10 (64-bit) and the issue persists. Not a big deal, just an annoyance having to close and reopen the drawing to remedy the situation, or to quit and restart the software, whenever I run into the issue. Best Regards!

giocad
Newbie Member

Post by giocad » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:32 pm

RMK-Designs wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:20 pm
I believe this is the same issue I am having. It has been fixed in the next release. See https://ribbonsoft.com/rsforum/viewtop ... 5a916f890e

Thanks, that looks surprisingly similar to what I am experiencing! Looking forward for the fix, and the next release. Best Regards!

giocad
Newbie Member

Post by giocad » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:53 pm

RMK-Designs wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:20 pm

I am pleased to confirm this issue has been solved in QCAD Professional 3.29.6 (3.29.6.0, Windows 10, x86_64). Thank you for the great support, and best regards!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”