Break Out Segment

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Hambone404
Newbie Member

Break Out Segment

Post by Hambone404 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 pm

I am using Qcad 3.9.4 on Windows 7 64 bit. I use Qcad for making drawings that are plasma cut on a CNC system. I need a tool similar to Adobe Illustrator's pathfinder unite function. I currently use the break out segment tool a lot to merge spline areas that overlap. It seems that quite often, this tool does not join lines and leaves open paths. The intersections look joined until I zoom in and they are not joined.

Is this tool supposed to join lines, or is there a different tool I should be using?

Thanks,
Brad

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Break Out Segment

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Intersection points between two splines are currently approximations calculated through interpolation. For this reason, all trimming and other intersection related tools should be used with caution when splines are involved. A better solution might be implemented in a future version of QCAD.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Just a quick update: this has been improved significantly in the latest QCAD 3.10.0 release.

Hambone404
Newbie Member

Post by Hambone404 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi,

I upgraded to Qcad Pro 3.10. I exploded text over another layer and used the breakout segment tool to merge the two objects. The merged lines still leave open paths and do not connect loose ends. Is there a different way to accomplish this withing Qcad?

Thanks,
Brad

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:11 am

Could you attach or e-mail a drawing and mark the area in question? Thanks.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”