[solved] Library Browser not shown (multiple screens)

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

SimonTek
Newbie Member

[solved] Library Browser not shown (multiple screens)

Post by SimonTek » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:27 pm

hi.

I am happy to find QCad after almost a full day of research and trying different offerings. But, as i settle to learn and use it i discover that the Library Browser simply does not work. All the known remedies and gotchas i could find have been tries including correct paths and installing the 64bit version as well. It simply will not show which is a tad annoying because i was looking forward to getting stuck in. I will be buying the Pro version but not until this is resolved. Or DO I NEED the Pro version BEFORE this works? I cannot find any suggestion that this is true

Can anyone help please? I'd really like to settle on using QCad. I've done enough looking at other CADs to know that this is the one i'd like to use. If the library functions are working. I need these to get the job done (and i have deadlines !!)

BTW. I will be using QCad mainly for designing engraved panels for electronic projects of mainly the audio and music making variety

Nice to meet you

Simon in Oz

SimonTek
Newbie Member

Re: hello, and help! (re Library)

Post by SimonTek » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:44 pm

i should add
OS is 64bit Windows 7 Pro SP1
QCad is Version : 3.12.4.1 (64bit)

32 bit version produced same result

Cheers

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello Simon - welcome to the forum.
SimonTek wrote:i discover that the Library Browser simply does not work.
May I ask you what exactly isn't working? You are not able to start the Library Browser or do you have no items in the Library Browser?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

SimonTek
Newbie Member

Post by SimonTek » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:16 am

I am not able to start the Library Browser. When selection is made to view browser, nothing happens.
Interestingly, the Property Editor does not show either. All other widgets do show and seem to work.

Obviously missing something here but cannot imagine what that may be ..

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:57 am

SimonTek wrote:I am not able to start the Library Browser. When selection is made to view browser, nothing happens.
To start the Library browser a selection isn't required. Please try to start the Library browser below:
Menu / View / Library Browser
SimonTek wrote:Interestingly, the Property Editor does not show either.
Same here: Please try to open the Property Editor below:
Menu / View / Property Editor

and tell me what happens. Thanks.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

SimonTek
Newbie Member

Post by SimonTek » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:38 am

Husky wrote:
SimonTek wrote:I am not able to start the Library Browser. When selection is made to view browser, nothing happens.
To start the Library browser a selection isn't required. Please try to start the Library browser below:
Menu / View / Library Browser
:
> Menu / View / Property Editor

and tell me what happens. Thanks.
nothing happens. Likewise hotkeys do no work for either the Editor or Browser, but they do for everything else i tried

Just a further bit info that may be relevant but i sure hope not, is that i use multiple monitors. QCad is running completely within one screen however, with the gruntiest graphics card. I have been checking for any activity on the other screens but alas, nothin' :-(

I rely on multiple screens but this has given me an idea*! Will check it on my laptop to see if the problem persists. 1 step at a time, it seems

SimonTek
Newbie Member

Post by SimonTek » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:52 am

Yep. 32bit version works fine on laptop (off course). Next step is, i will un-install and then install the 64bit QCad, just to replicate current state on the desktp PC. This will happen a little later. Cheers

SimonTek
Newbie Member

Post by SimonTek » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:55 am

*update. Installing 64bit QCad on laptop works fine so it's obviously something to do with my multiple screen set up.

Hoping there is a fix or a work around because i need to get some work done pronto and QCad looks to be the fastest way to get a result from scratch

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:27 am

SimonTek wrote:*update. Installing 64bit QCad on laptop works fine so it's obviously something to do with my multiple screen set up.
I guess you are right! I haven't two monitors what means I fish in muddy waters ... :(

Ok - right now I have two ideas what you can try:

Reset the QCAD configuration. Every setting which is made in QCAD will automatically be saved in the qcad3.ini. Make a backup of your old ini and then delete the original file.

This post will help you to find the qcad3.ini regarding to the OS:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3325&p=12006&hilit=reset#p12006

If a QCAD reset doesn't solve the problem replace your qcad3.ini with this one. It's a "fresh" 32bit qcad3.ini but I have already docked the "Property Editor" and the "Library Browser" widgets to the right menu. On this way it can't get lost and will bring you in the position to grab and arrange the widgets by yourself.
QCAD3.ini
(55.25 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
Keep me posted! :wink:

SimonTek
Newbie Member

Post by SimonTek » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:14 pm

done. Just the delete to reset was enough to bring them out, which is strange given that surely the fresh install would result in the same thing? Obviously not.

Anyway. Happy camper. And thanks very much for your help

Cheers

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:47 pm

SimonTek wrote:Anyway. Happy camper. And thanks very much for your help
Glad to hear that - you're welcome! :D

Luís Cruz
Registered Member

Re: [solved] Library Browser not shown (multiple screens)

Post by Luís Cruz » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:58 pm

Help, i have a similar problem

I have the this version and the library browser doesnt show... I've tried your solution downloading the QCAD3.ini e replace it. Please, look at the imagens

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH I'M BRAZILIAN.
Attachments
Versão QCAD.JPG
Versão QCAD.JPG (345.22 KiB) Viewed 8043 times
fórum Qcad.JPG
fórum Qcad.JPG (287.2 KiB) Viewed 8043 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: [solved] Library Browser not shown (multiple screens)

Post by andrew » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:11 pm

Lius Cruz: Please do read our reply to your original post at:
https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic. ... 14&t=10300

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”