Very minor issue - window size overlaps screen

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

platinumshore

Very minor issue - window size overlaps screen

Post by platinumshore » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:40 am

This is a very minor issue and hardly worth mentioning, and can obviously live with it as it is, but it would be nice to be fixed in an ideal world. But when Qcad pro starts up or is maximized the actual MIn/Max/exit buttons overlap the screen.. eg see screen attachment.

No big deal, but would be nice to be fixed. Just saying.

Using windows 7 Pro and latest version of QCad Pro - 64bit version 3.12.6.
Attachments
max-size-overlaps-screen.png
max-size-overlaps-screen.png (4.74 KiB) Viewed 6172 times

Bynun
Newbie Member

Re: Very minor issue - window size overlaps screen

Post by Bynun » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:07 pm

A year later and still not fixed :(

Plus i have my windows setup witht he taskbar at the top of the screen (it's a menu after all) instead of the bottom so the first time it starts up the top of the window is hidden with a gap at the botton where the bar is expected. Making a window maximised properly is the 'hello world' of gui programming, i'm surprised it's even an issue let alone one that's never been sorted.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Please understand that QCAD is not handling such details by itself. QCAD is using a toolkit called Qt for all GUI related things. This is something that should be properly handled between this toolkit and the system (Windows in this case). I'm afraid this is an issue that cannot be fixed from our side.

Bynun
Newbie Member

Post by Bynun » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:48 pm

I'm surprised that an issue like that would be unaddressed within the Qt framework as i assume it'll be one of the first things tha#ey would work on... Although i'm unfamiliar with Qt i did a little google-fu and came up with this.

http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/52346-H ... ull-screen

I don't know if you've tried it already but i would of thought one of those slapped in the window creation routine somewhere would fix it?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Thanks for your effort. However, I'm afraid, I don't think this is in any way related. showMaximized is simply what happens if you click the maximize button to maximize the window. Switching to the classic theme seems to work around the problem if that is an option.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”