Backround Color and line Color

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

bobwit
Registered Member

Backround Color and line Color

Post by bobwit » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:19 am

Windows 7, Qcad ver. 3.12.8
I an new to Qcad (First Day) and was having a great time practicing but have hit a wall. I tried to change the backround color, when I open a new file the color starts off as the color I choose and the one that is shown in Edit, Application, graphics, colors but as soon as I move the curser the backround defaults to white and the line color is invisible?? Ive tried to change it a few times but the same thing keeps happening. If this is just a bug or if I am missing something and can get this issue fixed, then my next question is where within the Graphics View/ Color can you select the color of lines??
Thanks-bobwit

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Backround Color and line Color

Post by Husky » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:16 am

Hello bobwit - welcome to the forum.

Would it be possible for you to attache to your posting an example drawing which shows this behavior? It's much easier for us to look into the problem. Thank you.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

bobwit
Registered Member

Post by bobwit » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:22 am

Husky,

I can't post anything because the lines just aren't showing, either the line is the same color as the background (white) or the lines aren't there. I am going to uninstall and re-install.
Thanks

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:51 am

bobwit wrote:Husky,

I can't post anything because the lines just aren't showing, either the line is the same color as the background (white) or the lines aren't there. I am going to uninstall and re-install.
Thanks
Ok, understood. If you are going to reinstall QCAC please make sure to use a new (empty) folder. Don't overwrite the old installation. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:39 am

bobwit wrote:the lines just aren't showing, either the line is the same color as the background (white) or the lines aren't there.
1. Check if the lines are there or not:
Choose menu Select > Select all then View > Zoom > Auto Zoom
Do the lines show up? Yes -> the lines are there. No -> the lines are not there.

2. If the lines are not there, make sure the layer you are drawing on is not locked or invisible: Layer > Show all Layers, Layer > Unlock all Layers. Then try to draw again.

3. Is the lines are there but not visible you are drawing white lines on a white background. You can prevent this in the application preferences: Edit > Application Preferences > Graphics View > Appearance > Prevent white on white / black on black display:
Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 08.38.21.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 08.38.21.png (179.51 KiB) Viewed 5299 times

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”