[solved] Lost ability to minimize/exit screen

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

dfulper
Newbie Member

[solved] Lost ability to minimize/exit screen

Post by dfulper » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 pm

I have been using following QCADCAM on a windows 10 x 64 system for a couple of months and today lost the icons in upper right portion of screen that allow me to minimize and exit the program.

Version: 3.14.3.0 (3.14.3)
Build Date: Apr 26 2016
Revision: c4f0833
Qt Version: 5.5.1
Architecture: x86_64
Compiler: MSVC++ 12.0 (2013)

I unistalled program and noticed the shortcuts still would launch program, so entered "QCAD" in launch bar and deleted all shortcuts, and then deleted all program folders. After reinstall, I notice the program still can list my most recent files, so there is still some configuration data somewhere that I am not seeing.

I can minimize the screen by ALT+Spacebar, but would prefer to get my icons back.

Thanks,
df

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Lost ability to minimize/exit screen

Post by Husky » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi,

sounds like the "Full Screen" mode (Menu/Window/Full Screen) is activated. Try to toggle that mode with the function key "F11" on your Keyboard.

dfulper wrote:... I notice the program still can list my most recent files, so there is still some configuration data somewhere that I am not seeing.
All QCAD settings are stored in the QCAD3.ini which is also responsible to store and recall your most recent files and ... the "Full Screen" setting. :wink:
I'm not absolutely sure about the Path in Win 10 but it should be found below somewhat like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\QCAD\QCAD3.ini
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

dfulper
Newbie Member

Re: Lost ability to minimize/exit screen

Post by dfulper » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:47 am

Many thanks. F11 did the trick.

Thanks,
df

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”