Unsupported XData type NOT imported

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

skatea2015
Newbie Member

Unsupported XData type NOT imported

Post by skatea2015 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:13 pm

We are evaluating QCAD to use it for converting DWG files to PNG. Currently we use Windows based ACME Cad Converter + WINE in a Linux environment.

However, we have some problems converting images sometimes.
When I open DWG files in QCAD, I see many error messages like these:

Code: Select all

Unsupported XData type NOT imported: 1010
Unsupported XData type NOT imported: 1011
Sometimes the lines in the drawing are not fully drawn in or have the wrong weight as compared with other tools.
Converting the file to PNG also has similar problem with line weight.
I used this command:

qcad-3.17.2-trial-linux-x86_64/dwg2bmp -a -c -b "white" -x 400 -y 400 -f -o test.png test.dwg
Included are screenshots and conversion comparison between ACME CAD Converter and QCAD.

I tested this same issue back in October 2016 and saw the same problem. If you can resolve this issue, we are likely to purchase QCAD.

QCAD Professional Trial Version: 3.17.2.0 (3.17.2)
Supporting files are attached.
Attachments
comparison.png
comparison.png (279.49 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
qcad_lineissue_dwg_screenshot.png
qcad_lineissue_dwg_screenshot.png (61.16 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
test.dwg
(154.78 KiB) Downloaded 486 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Unsupported XData type NOT imported

Post by andrew » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:30 pm

skatea2015 wrote:When I open DWG files in QCAD, I see many error messages like these:

Unsupported XData type NOT imported: 1010
Unsupported XData type NOT imported: 1011
QCAD does not support all types of available XData (additional, typically non-standard data attached to objects). In most cases, you can simply ignore those messages.
skatea2015 wrote:Sometimes the lines in the drawing are not fully drawn in or have the wrong weight as compared with other tools.
If you are referring to those blue lines at various angles, these are polylines with a custom lineweight set to 0.23 drawing units. Since the whole drawing is about 7000 drawing units wide, 0.23 drawing units is indeed extremely thin (barely visible or not visible at all in a bitmap / on screen).

Perhaps adding a minimum line weight command line switch would serve you best? Can you confirm this?

skatea2015
Newbie Member

Post by skatea2015 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Ok, I see what you are saying about the polyline thickness...they are very thin relative to the size of the drawing.
My guess is that ACME CAD Converter has some minimum line thickness that it will use instead, which is why we do not have a problem there.
It would be very helpful to have the capability to set a minimum polyline width in QCAD.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 pm

QCAD 3.17.3 is now available with an updated dwg2bmp tool with a -plwidth switch:

./dwg2bmp -plwidth=1 -a -c -b "white" -x 400 -y 400 -f -o test.png test.dwg
The -plwidth switch takes a number in pixels to be used as a minimum width for polylines with a custom width.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”