QCAD Window opens offscreen

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

trevorohanlon
Registered Member

QCAD Window opens offscreen

Post by trevorohanlon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 am

Hi All,

I Have been using qcad pro since approx. February and there is one annoying thing that keeps occurring (even after updates) that I just can’t seem to resolve.

Each time I launch qcad the window opens slightly off screen as per the attached screenshot! is there a simple way of stopping this? (I have tried searching the forum but can’t find an answer)

FYI I use a Surface Pro 3 , sometimes docked with 2 monitors
Attachments
QCAD OFF SCREEN.PNG
QCAD OFF SCREEN.PNG (88.11 KiB) Viewed 5770 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: QCAD Window opens offscreen

Post by Husky » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi trevorohanlon - welcome to the forum.
trevorohanlon wrote:Each time I launch qcad the window opens slightly off screen as per the attached screenshot! is there a simple way of stopping this? (I have tried searching the forum but can’t find an answer)
Looks like Windows isn't open the Application in a Maximized Mode.

Check out the Application Properties and look for this setting:
Husky-2017.07.12-01.png
Husky-2017.07.12-01.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 5766 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

trevorohanlon
Registered Member

Post by trevorohanlon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:34 am

Husky,

Thanks for the reply - that works only for when I launch from a desktop shortcut.

The Run - "Maximised" option doesn't seem to be there within the properties of the .exe file in the qcad program folder , thus when I launch
a qcad by clicking on a cad drawing the issue of the window opening offset still occurs.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:28 am

trevorohanlon wrote:The Run - "Maximised" option doesn't seem to be there within the properties of the .exe file in the qcad program folder , thus when I launch
a qcad by clicking on a cad drawing the issue of the window opening offset still occurs.
I assume you are right but that is not my wheelhouse. Fact on my WIN system is it behaves like your description too. Double click on dxf/dwg or qcad.exe will open the application in a normal window size, slightly smaller than the maximized size.

@Andrew: Is there a reason why QCAD has to behave on that way?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

J-J

Post by J-J » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Same thing on my laptop. I did not really notice nor care on the desktop pc as I work with double screens...
JJ Win7 pro-64

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”