QCAD hung up while scaling

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

slyde

QCAD hung up while scaling

Post by slyde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:13 am

I haven't tried to reproduce this, but I sure short-circuited QCAD.

I was scaling down a block and accidentally entered two decimal points: .o.o5
The result was QCAD hanging up. I've tried clicking left and right, simultaneously clicking left and right, hitting ESC, DELETE, ESC & DELETE combo, but all I get is that crosshair that says "Grid" at it's center...the same one it shows when QCAD wants you to find a point on an entity before moving it. When I tried to scale it again, that's when I saw my last entry, having two decimal points in it. I was surprised that passed as a valid field entry.

Here's a screenshot and the file. Not sure if the file will show you anything, but it did allow me to save it. I just can't do any work to it until I restart QCAD.

Slyde
Screenshot from 2017-12-24 01-55-50.png
Screenshot from 2017-12-24 01-55-50.png (253.69 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
Attachments
abc.dxf
(209.76 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Look! It's a bird. No! It's a plane! NO! It's QCAD hotkeys...faster than a possum falling out of a tree!!

QCAD Pro 3.19.2.0 [64-bit]

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: QCAD hung up while scaling

Post by Husky » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:04 am

slyde wrote:I was surprised that passed as a valid field entry.
No warning like changing the black text into red text and posting a warning message?
Husky-2017.12.24-04.png
Husky-2017.12.24-04.png (19.16 KiB) Viewed 4337 times
slyde wrote:I've tried clicking left and right, simultaneously clicking left and right, hitting ESC, DELETE, ESC & DELETE combo, but all I get is that crosshair that says "Grid" at it's center...the same one it shows when QCAD wants you to find a point on an entity before moving it.
If you're again in a situation like this try the Reset / ldle tool
Husky-2017.12.25-07.png
Husky-2017.12.25-07.png (46.82 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

slyde

Re: QCAD hung up while scaling

Post by slyde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:01 pm

I wish I had gotten that error msg, Husky. Not sure why I didn't. I know Andrew has entries like this in try/catch blocks to make sure they're valid. It was just one of those quirky things, I guess. Seems like I get all the quirks life has to offer...like the lump of coal I got in my chimney-hung stocking last night :D

Thanks for the tip on the Reset. That's a nice feature.
Look! It's a bird. No! It's a plane! NO! It's QCAD hotkeys...faster than a possum falling out of a tree!!

QCAD Pro 3.19.2.0 [64-bit]

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”