Problems laser cutting arcs anc circles.

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Gazza
Newbie Member

Problems laser cutting arcs anc circles.

Post by Gazza » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi all,

My OS is windows 7 pro SP1 and I am running QCad Pro Ver 3.15.5.0

I'm having trouble with sending arcs and circles to our Trotec SP500 laser. The arcs /circles print as a series of straight lines causing the laser to cut many sided polygons. When I send beziers to the driver the curves cut really smoothly as I would expect.

In Corel draw there is and option to "Send beziers and paths to driver" that seems to cure this issue.

When I say driver I mean that the SP5000 uses a print driver to catch the data and format it into the vector paths for the laser. I've not noticed this happening when I print to a real printer!

Any ideas ?

Clive

Re: Problems laser cutting arcs anc circles.

Post by Clive » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Garry,

Are you able to use Trolltec's software (JC) direct with QCAD, or are you restricted with using CorelDraw as the doorway?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Gazza
Newbie Member

Re: Problems laser cutting arcs anc circles.

Post by Gazza » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately yes Coral Draw's doorway. I've been trying to get more information from Trotec but it's a difficult process.
It's a bit of a pain as Coral Draw's a graphics package not a CAD package.
Does anyone know how QCAD draws lines and curves to the printer is it through windows graphic API's or bespoke routines? I'm thinking that a different version of windows may solve the issue!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”