changing dxf-files at whole

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Kuhcadler
Registered Member

changing dxf-files at whole

Post by Kuhcadler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:57 pm

hi,

qcad-3.21.3-pro-linux-x86_32 dxf-files from you herself may be 7 Years ago downloaded ribbonsoft url
I've change to another layer something e.g.nut (pict 1). In early QCAD-version they are no problem.

then i select all to change and make dubble klick in layer red. (pict 2)

result is changed only line-thickness (pict 3) no line typ, no color,

how to get a result in my mind? What get wrong in my way?

Thanks Kuhcadler
Attachments
Pict 3.png
Pict 3.png (48.51 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
Pict 2.png
Pict 2.png (38.32 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
Pict 1.png
Pict 1.png (29.02 KiB) Viewed 2558 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: changing dxf-files at whole

Post by andrew » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:44 am

You can check in the property editor (View > Property Editor) if these entities have their attributes set to "By Layer" or not. If not, the layer has no influence on the attributes. You might want to change those attributes to "By Layer" in this case.

As always, if you cannot solve the problem, please attach the DXF file in question.

It'a also not quite clear from your screenshots if you have inserted the symbol as a block and then moved that block reference to layer "red" or if you have exploded the block first. If you didn't explode, there's more to keep in mind, see viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3121.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”