Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

lesthegringo

Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

Post by lesthegringo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:18 pm

Guys, running Windows 10, Qcad Version 3.21.3.0 (3.21.3)

I am trying to design something that requires me to use both metric and imperial measurements, metric being the main unit for overall dimensions, but then a subset of the part has to be measured in imperial units in order to fit in with circuitry on PCB's that are measured in imperial units.

As a result, I have set up the Application preferences to Metric, millimetres, 5mm grid spacing. I can then draw the major dimensions and overall sizes to fit my needs, but then I want to change to imperial units (inch, 0.05" grid) so that I can put in the electronics parts. Following the instructions I go to drawing preferences, change to inches, set the grid, click apply..... and nothing happens. The units stay in millimetres, the grid as 5mm spacing, and when I look at line properties, it quotes the length in millimetres.

I've tried saving and restarting Qcad, then reopening the file, all to no avail. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Cheers

Les

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi,

you need to convert the drawing unit. The tool can be found below Menu/Edit/Convert Drawing Unit.

Note: Changing the Unit below Drawing Preferences will change e.g. a 100 mm line to a 100 inch line.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

lesthegringo

Re: Qcad will not allow drawing units to change in drawing preferences

Post by lesthegringo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:38 am

Fantastic, many thanks for that!

Les

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”