hatch pattern too dense. hatch pattern generation aborted

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

turtle

hatch pattern too dense. hatch pattern generation aborted

Post by turtle » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:33 am

Code: Select all

I tried to make a hatch in my drawing and now qcad is slowing down to a crawl and I am getting the following on my console:
Warning:  RHatchData::getPainterPaths: hatch pattern too dense. hatch pattern generation aborted (timeout set to  2000 )...
Warning:  RHatchData::getPainterPaths: hatch pattern too dense. hatch pattern generation aborted (timeout set to  2000 )...
Changing to a solid fill fixes the issue.
File attached.
Thanks
Attachments
HatchTooDense.dxf
(202.1 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Comments based on Version: 3.26.2 unless otherwise noted.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: hatch pattern too dense. hatch pattern generation aborted

Post by andrew » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:25 am

There's a timeout to make sure the display can be refreshed within a reasonable time frame. You can adjust this setting under:
Edit > Application Preferences > Graphics View > Appearance > Display and Performance > Timeout for hatch rendering

turtle

Post by turtle » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
Is there a way I can change the hatch in that drawing at that scale so it does not slow down Qcad?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:23 pm

1. Select > Select All
2. View > Property Editor
3. Change "Selection:" to "Hatch (7)"
4. Change property "Scale" from "0.00425" to "10"

You might have to do some cleaning up, since there are several hatches on top of each other.

turtle

Post by turtle » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Thank you, I find it really helps to have the printed copy of your book, but I am still going to have lots of questions on here. :mrgreen:
I see now my 7 attempts were successful just at the wrong scale ;)
I never thought it would let me put a hatch on a hatch.
I take it the best way to clean it up to
Rectangle select that area, and click detect duplicates, then click the eraser ?

Thanks!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”