Printing Gibberish

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Buggyjohn
Registered Member

Printing Gibberish

Post by Buggyjohn » Sun May 30, 2021 7:51 am

Hi I'm new to this program but I am making progress, I am drawing up a new porch for my house, the drawing now needs labeling for the builder.
I can add the text to my drawing on screen and it saves it in the file but when I print it its in code or complete gibberish.
But if I save it as PDF file then print it the text is there but faint.
I know is me but can anyone help
Thanks
Ian

Buggyjohn
Registered Member

Re: Printing Gibberish

Post by Buggyjohn » Sun May 30, 2021 4:36 pm

It seem this system only helps trained CAD engineers there for I'm sorry to bother you and I will say good by
Ian

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Sun May 30, 2021 5:53 pm

Can you provide a little more information? What OS and QCAD version are you running? Can you provide a DXF file so someone can take a look at it?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon May 31, 2021 6:34 am

For all support requests, please:
- Indicate the operating system you are using and the version thereof (e.g. Windows 10 32bit, Windows 8.1 64bit, Ubuntu 14.2 64bit, macOS 10.12, etc.)
- Indicate the exact version of QCAD you are using (see "Help" > "About" or "QCAD" > "About QCAD" or indicate the name of the file you have downloaded and installed)
- Attach original drawing files (DXF, DWG, ...) if appropriate
- Attach exported files (SVG, PNG, PDF, ...) if appropriate
- Include screenshots if appropriate
- If there is an error message, indicate the exact message or include a screenshot of the message

Please be as specific as possible in describing your problem, so we can help you efficiently, thanks.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”