Problem Selecting a Group - the Logiteck Mouse Catch

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

GrowMate

Problem Selecting a Group - the Logiteck Mouse Catch

Post by GrowMate » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:44 pm

Recently I found that when selecting a group of elements, the group flashed briefly but failed to stay selected. This happened repeatedly so that I then had to resort to selecting each element individually. After further use even single elements were getting difficult to select.
My first instinct was that QCAD had developed a glitch of some sort and would need to be re-loaded. However it turned out I had fallen victim to the "double-click" syndrome that seems to afflicts all Logitec 'Anywhere' mouse users after a period of time. What happens is that the most-used button on the mouse (i.e., the left one) gets worn and starts to perform a rapid "double-click" by which the first 'selection' click is immediately cancelled by a second click - a mystifying and extremely frustrating problem when it strikes!
There are various 'fixes' for this described on uTube - typically involving replacement of the worn contacts with China-sourced equivalents. However, I opted for a new mouse which arrived the next day and has solved the problem.
I have become so used to the virtues of the 'Anywhere' mouse that I wouldn't consider swapping it for anything else. However this is one of its less attractive features that other Logitech users may want to know about!

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Problem Selecting a Group - the Logiteck Mouse Catch

Post by CVH » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:04 am

Hi,
frustrating indeed, because if it only fails occasionally you can never be sure whether it is user-related or mouse-button related.
In a blink of the eye your simple to very complex selection is gone ... :shock:
Or replaced by everything connected ... :cry:

The first solution when the button starts to fail is to increase the minimal double-click time.
But ultimately this is not a permanent solution.
I even tried to swap the functions of the buttons because the right button is still preforming well and multiple 'cancel/back' is usually not an issue.
Only the finger habits aren't swapped with the same ease. :lol:

Since using QCAD, I have already 'worn out' 3 (probably too cheap) mice... :lol:
The current one is starting to show the same problem every now and then.
That reminded me of your post. :wink:

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”