Linux to windows

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

gordon
Registered Member

Linux to windows

Post by gordon » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:39 pm

I bought a Plasma Table with QCAD pre-installed. It is running on Linux. I want to have QCAD on my desk top also, so I can draw at my desk not in the shop. Do I have to purchase QCad again to run on my windows desktop or can I transfer it to my PC from the Plasma Table.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Linux to windows

Post by andrew » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:14 am

Multiple Platforms

Single user licenses are valid for a single user on all supported platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux). You can download all installers for all supported platforms from the download link received after purchase or find them on the DVD or USB drive.

Multiple Installations

Multiple installations on multiple computers and operation systems are possible with a single user license as long as there is only one user per license.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:45 am

I think that everything depends on if the Plasma Table provider has purchased a license from Ribbonsoft for resale:
See: https://www.ribbonsoft.com/en/documentation/license
Under 'Extending and Distributing QCAD' -> Paragraph: 'Royalties'.

Now I don't think that the single user fee of a QCAD professional licence can be compared with the price of a plasma table ...
... Let alone the operational costs. :wink:

Regards,
CVH

gordon
Registered Member

Post by gordon » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:54 pm

Thanks for the info I will reach out to the table MFG. and see if I can get what I need.

:lol: Your right, 25K for the table. Another lic. is penny's considering the table paid for itself in 3 months. But if I don't need to spend money it's silly to spend it.

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”