There are several ways to draw a line with a certain length.
If you also know the angle of the line in degrees, you can use the line with angle tool:
Draw > Line > Line from Angle
1. Enter the angle and length of the line
2. Place the line in the drawing
If the angle is not known as value but rather visible in the drawing, you can use the regular line tool:
Draw > Line > Line from 2 Points
1. Click the start point of the line
2. Click the "Restrict Angle or Length" button in the options tool bar:
3. Enter the desired length in the options tool bar:
4. When placing the end point of the line now, the line automatically has the desired length (or a multiple thereof):
Another way is to draw the line with the wrong length first and then use the property editor to adjust the length:
There are also other ways to specify a length of a line, for example by trimming, trimming by a given amount, entering the end coordinates relative to the start point, etc.
Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
In addition, you can also use the Horizontal and Vertiacl Line tools, just enter the required length in the 'Length' field .
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests