Paste Along Entity Tool - some practical use examples

Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Paste Along Entity Tool - some practical use examples

Post by Clive » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Following on from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3234

The new 'Paste Along Entity' tool is now available in QCAD pro

Accessed from - Main Menu > Edit > Paste Along Entity

Here is just one of many examples of where this tool is going to help. Using QCAD, CNC Router machine I can design and make a chair seat ready for traditional hand caning (Victorian 6 way pattern).

Here I have used the ' Paste Along Entity' tool to place 80 evenly spaced centre points ready for drilling accurate precise holes ready for hand-caning.The holes in the back corners I will take out!
Drafting out the centre points for the cane holes normally would have taken quite a bit of effort in the past .. but now it is easily done very quickly using this new tool.
Chair Cane Seat Design.png
Chair Cane Seat Design.png (21.54 KiB) Viewed 9831 times
This tool will help QCAD users design and make projects in Craft/Hobbies, Engineering, Woodworking, Landscape design (think space planning for planting arrangements :wink: ) and many more.

Please feel free to share any other ideas or indeed anything you design or make where this tool has helped.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “QCAD Tips and Tutorials”