How to reset QCAD to its default configuration?
This can be helpful if your configuration is somehow damaged (toolbars were rearranged or disappeared, dockable widgets oddly arranged, not all desired tools are visible, user interface was accidentally switched to a foreign language, etc.)
1. Quit QCAD
2. Delete the configuration file QCAD3.ini or QCAD3.conf
- You first might have to make sure that system files and system folders are displayed if you are using Windows Explorer:
- Open Windows Explorer:
- Start - All Programms - Accessories - Windows Explorer
- Make sure that Windows Explorer displays hidden files:
- Tools - Folder Options - View - check 'Show hidden files and folders'
Depending on your version of Windows, the file QCAD3.ini / QCAD.conf can be located in these directories:
English: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\QCAD\QCAD.ini
Italian: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Dati delle Applicazioni\QCAD\QCAD3.ini
Spanish: C:\Documents and Settings\username\datos de programa\QCAD\QCAD3.ini
Windows Vista, Windows 7:
Unix / Linux Users
Mac OS X Users
- Open Finder
- Choose menu Go > Go to Folder...
- enter ~/.config/QCAD
- Click OK
- Delete file QCAD3.ini
Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest