Help with finding tutorial

Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.

Moderator: andrew

kinross
Newbie Member

Help with finding tutorial

Post by kinross » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Hello.
This is my first post. I would like to try to learn Qcad. I have been searching Tutorials but I really do prefer a book to start out. I find it difficult to remember what the tutorial has told me when I go to try it. They will make more sense when I have more experience.
I see there is a book by Andrew Musten on sale from Lullu. Trouble is it is dated 20008.
Would this help me get started with basics. The on line Tutorials will then be ok.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Mike.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Help with finding tutorial

Post by Husky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Hello Mike - welcome to the QCAD forum.
kinross wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:40 pm
I see there is a book by Andrew Musten on sale from Lullu. Trouble is it is dated 20008.
Would this help me get started with basics. The on line Tutorials will then be ok.
Yes! :wink:

First of all it is hard for me to believe that it is dated 2008. My copy isn't the newest one but it is dated with a "Copyright 2008-2017" what means it is from 2017. However - it is impossible for a book to keep up with the permanent development of the QCAD software. The software is basically updated every few weeks and everybody has to understand that there is no way for a paperback print to keep up with the software development ....

https://www.qcad.org/en/changelog

The book will introduce you to QCAD AND CAD in general. Tools are explained with examples, step by step, Chapter by chapter. No complicated language is used what means easy to understand for every experience level. Myself as a certified instructor for mechanical engineering draftsman / CAD would consider the book as: Well done! :wink:

Preview:
https://qcad.org/qcad/book/qcad_book_preview_en.pdf

Even if a new tool in QCAD didn't made it into the book you has learned with the book the nature of QCAD tools and it will be easy for you to discover a new tool by yourself. If you still have trouble with a tool feel free to ask for help in this forum!

Note: If you consider to buy the book I recommend to buy a pdf copy directly from the QCAD shop. That will make sure it is the newest release. If you also considering to buy QCAD Pro or QCAD/CAM at the same time look out for bundles (Software+Book) offered in the shop. Everybody likes a good deal, right? :wink:

https://qcad.org/en/online-shop

Final note: No, I'm not paid by Ribbonsoft / QCAD :lol: :lol: :lol:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

kinross
Newbie Member

Re: Help with finding tutorial

Post by kinross » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Huskey. Thank you for your reply. I am sure that the PDF of maybe the book will help me to get started. I suppose that if I buy the PDF file I can print any pages off that I wish to study at my leisure.
Thanks.
Mike.

Return to “QCAD Tips and Tutorials”