"mv" command causes Layer attributes to be lost

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

wossname
Newbie Member

"mv" command causes Layer attributes to be lost

Post by wossname » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 pm

If I create a layer ("BEARINGS"), then select it as the active layer and make it's line colour green and then insert a block, then that block appears as green - as I would expect. However if I then simply move that block anywhere (either by dragging with the mouse or by using the "mv command then it seems that all line colour and thickness info is instantly discarded.

The same thing happens in all cases for me - whether I "delete original" or "keep original" or use ANY of the other options.

Am I doing something stupid?

Windows Vista, QCad 2.2.2.1.
Last edited by wossname on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wossname
Newbie Member

Post by wossname » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:41 pm

wossname
Newbie Member

Post by wossname » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Further interesting facts:

If I hit undo, then the block goes back to it's original position BUT it's attributes are still wrong. This is definitely a very serious bug.

These issues do not seem to apply to individual lines or ellipses, so perhaps it's something that only affects blocks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Please indicate what attributes the entities inside the block have (ByLayer, ByBlock or fixed) and what attributes the block insert has (ByLayer, ByBlock or fixed), so we can try to reproduce the problem.

wossname
Newbie Member

Post by wossname » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 am

Everything is ByLayer. Steps to reproduce this in the shortest number of steps...

1. Start a new document
2. Draw a couple of lines
3. Make a block out of those two lines.
4. Add a new layer and change it's colour to green (or whatever).
5. Select that new layer as current layer.
6. Select the block and insert it into the drawing once.
7. Select the object and "mv" (or mouse drag) it anywhere.

That's literally all I need to do, no messing about with any other settings needed.

----

I've just found another problem. If I add the block more than once, move ONE of them and then hit undo, then they ALL lose their attributes at the same time.

wossname
Newbie Member

Post by wossname » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 am

wossname
Newbie Member

Post by wossname » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Any news on this problem? I could really use a workaround.

wossname
Newbie Member

Post by wossname » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:50 am

Update:

This bug also exists on the Linux version. Any chance of a response from someone?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Most likely the entities are displayed wrong the first time. Save / reload might also fix the display.

Note that the lines inside the block definition have a color and the block insert itself also has a color. If a line defines its color "ByBlock", the block insert color is shown. If the line color is "ByLayer", the color of the layer on which the line is constructed is shown. In all other cases, the line color is shown.

wossname
Newbie Member

Post by wossname » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 pm

I've tried this in the Version 3 Beta and I can't cause the problem with either the mv or ro commands. I'll continue to play around with it to try to reproduce it but it looks like the problem has gone, or has at least been improved :)

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”