Print problem with autocad

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

koron
Registered Member

Print problem with autocad

Post by koron » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

Hello

I have purchased Qcad 2 weeks ago. I draw my project and go to a print shop who is only using autocad. He opened the dxf file but texts are not in the same place.

help please

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 pm

For printing, you most likely want the output to look exactly as on the screen in QCAD. This is not possible with another CAD system, since it comes with a different set of fonts and hatch pattern definitions and supports a different set of options.

The preferred way to print would be over the PDF format. PDF specifies the exact look and position of everything and is scalable without loss of quality.

Only if PDF is not an option, you may want to try to explode everything in your drawing. The result is a drawing that only contains basic entities (lines, arcs, ...) which guarantees the exact same rendering on any application that can load DXF. To do this, please proceed as follows:

- Select all
- Modify - Explode

Repeat until all texts, blocks, dimensions and hatches have been broken down into basic entities. Depending on your drawing, you might have to repeat the step two or three times or even more if you have nested blocks.

Save your drawing under a new name. This is important since your drawing no longer contains the original information on texts, blocks, dimensions and hatches. This exploded drawing is only suitable for printing / presentation and not for further processing.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”