Inserted element very remote from reference point

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

bluequad

Inserted element very remote from reference point

Post by bluequad » Wed May 25, 2011 12:15 am

System Vista Home Premium, QCAD version 2.2.2.1

Having created drawing sheets to various scales, I have reduced them to blocks for the library, using the bottom left hand side of the sheet as the reference point, but when reselected from the library and inserted into the window, the block is extremely remote from the cursor cross hair. I have to pan in and out around the screen to find the block. Often they are just pin points on the screen, very far away from the element I was working on.

I understood from the manual that the insertion point was the same as the reference point selected when first making the block.

What am I doing wrong?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed May 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Part library items should be saved as normal drawings without any blocks in them. When an item from the part library is inserted into a drawing QCAD turns it into a block automatically.

The reference point of the inserted part library item is always the absolute zero point of the part library item drawing.

bluequad

Post by bluequad » Wed May 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks Andrew. I have moved all the drawings so that their reference points are on absolute zero and this has also solved the print preview window, which had trouble finding the drawings also.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”