QCAD 2.2.2.0

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

jocpo

QCAD 2.2.2.0

Post by jocpo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:21 am

I've had QCAD for 3 years or so. It's version 2.2.2.0 and running on Tiger and Snow Leopard. Somehow I've lost the original configuration of the screen layout as originally installed on 2 of my G4 laptops, running Tiger, and can't figure out how to get them back. I bought the disk and manual. I've tried to reinstall but the same messed up screens open. There doesn't seem to be an uninstall with QCAD. I've tried following instructions to find and delete the config file but can't find it in my system.

Help. I don't want to reimage both laptops just to completely get rid of QCAD so that I can then install it to get the screen that I want back. There must be some easier way. I can take screen shots of my present conditions if that will help someone guide me.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCAD 2.2.2.0

Post by andrew » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Deleting the file QCAD.ini is by far the easiest / quickest way to reset QCAD.

Using Finder:
1. Quit QCAD
2. Launch Finder
3. Press Command-Shift-G
4. Enter ~/.config
5. Click 'Go'
6. You should see a folder called 'RibbonSoft'
7. Delete that folder
8. Start QCAD again

Or (using the Terminal):
1. Quit QCAD
2. Start the Mac OS X application called "Terminal"
3. Type this exact line and press enter:
rm ~/.config/RibbonSoft/QCAD.ini
4. Start QCAD again

jocpo

Re: QCAD 2.2.2.0

Post by jocpo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks Andrew,

Tried it and worked like a charm. Thanks again. I don't use QCAD so often any more. I do clock dial design work for my son and then cut them in vinyl on a Graphtec cutter to be used as stencils.

I pretty much use Inkscape exclusively for the design work but do use QCAD for line work such as subsidiary second bits , chapter rings and day dial rings. Then import into inscape. I find QCAD works much faster and better for linework.

Thanks again for your quick and spot on help.

Joe

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”