Greetings from the UK

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

DerekGove

Greetings from the UK

Post by DerekGove » Sun May 21, 2023 12:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just started working with QCAD, and even after just a couple of days, I'm loving it.
I trained as a graphic artist and learned technical drawing to A-Level standard long before computers were 'a thing'. I still use my drawing board and set squares, because you can't beat the satisfaction of 'doing it for real', but having QCAd to produce crisp, clean drawings and diagrams is great.

One long-term project I'm planning is a series of video training of all the syllabus content from my A-level days, including basic constructions, orthographic and pictoral diagrams, conics, moments and frameworks, involute spur gears, etc and I'll probably use QCAD to produce all my diagrams. A lot of this can be done automatically by CAD programs, but there's a lot of deep knowledge and constructions which I think are in danger of being lost or forgotten.

Anyway, this forum has already been very helpful in answering questions I've had about using QCAD, so thanks very much to everyone who has already asked the questions I've been wondering too.

Regards,

Derek

**Edit: Windows 10, QCAD Pro, 3.28.1
QCAD Version 3.29.4 : Windows 10

petevick
Premier Member

Re: Greetings from the UK

Post by petevick » Sun May 21, 2023 3:58 pm

Hi Derek and welcome to the Qcad and the community. I too started out on a drawing board, but that was a long, LONG time ago :)
Pete Vickerstaff
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, Qcad Pro 3.29.6

Return to “Introduce Yourself”