ssm2017's presentation

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

ssm2017
Newbie Member

ssm2017's presentation

Post by ssm2017 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:29 pm

hello
i am a stage manager and i am actually trying qcad to help my friends to find a solution to build stage plots.
i am new with qcad and i am experimenting ecma scripts to play with blocks
i am not payed for that and i am just experimenting to see if qcad can be a good solution to tell my friends to use it because i am bored to see stage plots made with errors

CVH
Premier Member

Re: ssm2017's presentation

Post by CVH » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:20 pm

Are designs of stage plots 2D or 3D ... ?
QCAD is basically 2D.

Regards,
CVH

ssm2017
Newbie Member

Re: ssm2017's presentation

Post by ssm2017 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:53 pm

we are usually using "cast lighting wysiwyg" or "vectorworks" or "sweden capture"... for real big projects in 3d with real time lighting simulation.
wysiwyg,vectorworks and capture are expensive for small theatre companies.
i am in France working in theatres and most of the theatres are giving 2d autocad files to artists that interpret them using any vector program (from inkscape to powerpoint :) )

my goal is to try to build scripts to help them to keep dwg files and build stage plots with good values.
sometimes, i have 20 projectors on the plot and there are 18 required in the list.... so the script i am working on now is just building a lighting fixtures library with special block attributes like "channel", "universe", "address", "gel"...
and then export the list to a csv file to be able to make projectors lists, gel list, speakers list...
actually my script is working and i just need to take a larger view to organize all this stuff and then make it clean and distribute it to the world

Return to “Introduce Yourself”