Hello from Jon.

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Bolton122
Registered Member

Hello from Jon.

Post by Bolton122 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello, total CAD newby here, not done anything other than download Qcad and having a quick look at tutorials.
I will, if I can stir my brain cell into action, need to learn the basics with a view to eventually learning how to prepare artwork for brass etchwork for model railway accessories.
Can anyone please point me in the direction of some good basic tutorials to get me started before I start asking too many daft questions on here?!
Many thanks
Jon Fitness

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello from Jon.

Post by Husky » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi Jon - welcome to the forum and the CAD world.
Bolton122 wrote:Hello, total CAD newby here, not done anything other than download Qcad and having a quick look at tutorials.
I will, if I can stir my brain cell into action, need to learn the basics with a view to eventually learning how to prepare artwork for brass etchwork for model railway accessories.
Can anyone please point me in the direction of some good basic tutorials to get me started before I start asking too many daft questions on here?!
Many thanks
Jon Fitness
For a newbie to CAD I would recommend to take a look at the QCAD Book from the QCAD Author. It will give you a pretty good idea about the Idea behind CAD and how to use effectively the QCAD Tools. http://www.ribbonsoft.com/shop/category ... ategory=77
After a couple hours you will understand our language ... :wink:

However ... if you have still questions you are more than welcome to ask them in this forum.
Last edited by Husky on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Bolton122
Registered Member

Re: Hello from Jon.

Post by Bolton122 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Many thanks, I'll get stuck into it!!
JF

Return to “Introduce Yourself”