Gday from Australia (and Thailand)

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

LeonW
Newbie Member

Gday from Australia (and Thailand)

Post by LeonW » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:39 pm

Gday,
I'd like to introduce myself. I live most of the time in Australia. I have a Thai wife, so spend some time each year in Thailand. Consequently, I am planning to built a house in my wife's village which is in the North East of Thailand, just near the Laos border. I have found it quite difficult to communicate construction concepts between English and Thai. My wife is bi lingual, but does not have a good construction vocabulary. I have found it is much easier to communicate with builders and engineers using drawings. Its a kind of universal language.Hence, my introduction to the world of QCAD.

I am neither a computer nerd nor an architect, so it may be a bit of a learning curve to get on top of QCAD. I guess what I am saying is that you can expect some pretty elementary questions from me. I trust you will be patient.

I'm sure we will communicate frequently. :D

Cheers
LeonW

Clive

Re: Gday from Australia (and Thailand)

Post by Clive » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Gday Leon, welcome to the QCAD forum, hey you ask as much as you need to don't worry about that.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Gday from Australia (and Thailand)

Post by Husky » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello LeonW - welcome to the Forum!
LeonW wrote:I am neither a computer nerd nor an architect, so it may be a bit of a learning curve to get on top of QCAD. I guess what I am saying is that you can expect some pretty elementary questions from me. I trust you will be patient.
Don't worry about that! Give us a chance to confuse you and we'll do it. :D
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”