G'day from Towong, Australia.

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Minutehand
Newbie Member

G'day from Towong, Australia.

Post by Minutehand » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 am

Hello everybody. I am a 74 year old clockmaker from a tiny village in Victoria,Australia. I do a lot of CadCam with a Swiss program that only runs in a M......system :evil: Being an avid Linux user, I have to use this program in a VM on my main Linux workstation, which is a pain in the proverbial !
My current project is a very unusual clock (Joseph Merlin's band clock) for which I had to design some items that I could not draw in the Swiss program so had to find a program that could but would also be capable of being imported in the Swiss program for the CAM section. After trying various Linux CAD programs I remembered Qcad which I had used many years ago. Bingo!!! It did what I needed to do and exported back into the other system.
So, a happy customer.
Cheers,
T

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: G'day from Towong, Australia.

Post by Husky » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Hello Minutehand - welcome to the QCAD forum.

Thanks for introducing yourself to the forum. :D
Minutehand wrote:My current project is a very unusual clock (Joseph Merlin's band clock) ...
My first thought was: What is a Band clock? Now - after asking my "sheet anchor" (an internet search engine) it looks like you have a very nice project on your hands. Maybe - one day - after finishing the project you like to post a picture of this Band clock to the forum ...
Minutehand wrote:So, a happy customer.
We are glad to hear that! G'day to Australia.

Cheers,
Husky
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Minutehand
Newbie Member

Re: G'day from Towong, Australia.

Post by Minutehand » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Maybe - one day - after finishing the project you like to post a picture of this Band clock to the forum ...
Be happy to.
T

Return to “Introduce Yourself”