Is QCAD for me

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

zak99
Newbie Member

Is QCAD for me

Post by zak99 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi There,

Is QCAD the right thing for me please?

I want to do some drawings of my property to assist with building design changes and subsequent building works. Ideally an Architect would be able to take my digital drawings to open and use in their own drawing package whatever that might be like AutoCAD etc.

As its OpenSource I imagine there is a free version? Can someone give me a safe link to it for MAC OS. The one on the download trial page seemed to only open ZipRar and worryingly offered an Option for the horrible MacKeeper

thank you

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Is QCAD for me

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 pm

zak99 wrote:As its OpenSource I imagine there is a free version? Can someone give me a safe link to it for MAC OS. The one on the download trial page seemed to only open ZipRar and worryingly offered an Option for the horrible MacKeeper
Please download the free trial version from our official download page:
http://qcad.org/en/qcad-downloads-trial
-> QCAD Professional Trial Version

We do not bundle any other software nor would we use rar or similar. The downloaded package is a standard disk image (DMG) file. Not sure where you downloaded from before..

zak99
Newbie Member

Post by zak99 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 pm

andrew wrote:
zak99 wrote:As its OpenSource I imagine there is a free version? Can someone give me a safe link to it for MAC OS. The one on the download trial page seemed to only open ZipRar and worryingly offered an Option for the horrible MacKeeper
Please download the free trial version from our official download page:
http://qcad.org/en/qcad-downloads-trial
-> QCAD Professional Trial Version

We do not bundle any other software nor would we use rar or similar. The downloaded package is a standard disk image (DMG) file. Not sure where you downloaded from before..
Thanks Andrew, Sorry but it was the large CONTINUE button at the top on that exact same link you gave me that misleadingly took me through ZIpRar and eventually a worrying MacKeeper option. Do you also see that button on that link ? I hope my Mac has not been infected with that.

I'll give the free trial a go. Thanks again Andrew.

zak99
Newbie Member

Post by zak99 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:55 pm

I was using Firefox. Just tried the link in Google Chrome and no big CONTINUE ZipRar button. Sorry for the hassle Andrew :oops:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”