Hello from Kalamazoo, MI

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

ryancousins
Premier Member

Hello from Kalamazoo, MI

Post by ryancousins » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Greetings,

I have been using QCAD for about eight months now and I absolutely love it! I teach computer and tech classes in a high school and I am hoping to introduce QCAD in a future class. Our long-time drafting/woodworking teacher recently retired and I have started to teach some of his classes. He was old school and used only manual drafting tables, which I think is a great way to introduce the fundamentals, especially with most of my students that struggle with the concepts of measurement and scale. We also offer a 3D printing/3D design class where, over the years, I've taught it with Autodesk Inventor, SketchUp, TinkerCAD, and OpenSCAD. But I'd love to use QCAD in a 2D CAD class that bridges the gap between those two courses. As a school we have free access to all of the Autodesk products which is great, but I'd much rather use QCAD due to it's simplistic, streamlined interface and bloat-free installation. For the money I'm blown away at how good it is. I used LibreCAD several years ago and I had no idea what I was missing! I only wish I was better at coding so I could contribute to the program because I really believe in it and wish I could give back and help the project.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Kalamazoo, MI

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:47 am

Welcome to the QCAD forum and thank you for your kind feedback! It's this kind of feedback that keeps us going and wants us to keep improving QCAD :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”