GCode-File

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Norbert

Re: GCode-File

Post by Norbert » Fri May 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Excuse me, I did not state that clearly:

If I choose the postprocessor and than choose CAM-configuration, there is no possibility to get access to the field Filename. Even the button to choose a filename is accessible but nothing happens. Watch Screenshot.

Norbert
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-05-24 14-46-36.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-05-24 14-46-36.png (57.5 KiB) Viewed 9710 times

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri May 24, 2019 2:53 pm

The "Choose" or "Wählen" button should indeed pop up a file dialog.
I cannot reproduce the problem here but it does look like the post processor did not load correctly there ("Datei Endungen" should contain something as well).

Perhaps a problem when copying the file contents from this forum? Note also that the file name needs to match exactly the class name (i.e. RemoteWin.js / RemoteWin).

I've attached the post processor file as file, so you can simply save it to disk without copy/paste. I hope this helps.
Attachments
RemoteWin.js
(446 Bytes) Downloaded 533 times

Norbert

Post by Norbert » Fri May 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Good idea. Now it works. Maybe something went wrong with the copy and paste action.

Thanks

Norbert

Post by Norbert » Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 pm

Another good news. Today I created another GCode-file with the RemoteWIN postprocessor under LinuxOS. It works!!
There are still some traps (e.g the GCode G0 has to be followed by Exxx to define the fast movement speed, even if this is defined in the machine interface already), but I could solve the most.

Main trouble is, that the inferface of the milling machine does not interpret all GCode ordercodes. For example: M6 does not make the machine to drive to the position for manual toolchange. It explicitly needs to be told where this position is, everytime. And it doesn't stop the spindle and it doesn't wait until the toolchange is done automatically. It needs to be told that explicitly everytime. It is obviously without any effect, that the position for manual toolchange is stored in the machine interface.

It would be great if you could create a postprocessor for RemoteWIN. That helps to avoid a lot of manual correction works on every GCode file. If any additional info is needed, please let me know. If it is easier for you, I can try to find the GCode order code table in english somewhere, preferably from ISEL.

Norbert

Post by Norbert » Wed May 29, 2019 12:06 am

Hello,

as I mentioned in former messages, I do not have a perfect example file. Please have a look a the file attached. It's about to include everything needed but it requires some manual "repair":

First of all, it is really unluckyly choosen, but ISEL requires an *.ISO extention. This forum does not allow to attach files with that extention. I renamed the extentio0n to *.NC.

Inside the file follwing changes are to be done:

Line 28 G21 is not known by the system. It has to be removed
Line 40 M0 is the wrong ordercode. Intention is to interrupt the the workflow and wait for user action to make the machine going on. This ordercode needs to be replaced by M01.
Line 8167 This position is useless. It has to be replaced by M0.

The rest of this file is o.k..

I hope that helps.

Norbert
Attachments
AS1902BL.NC
(189.55 KiB) Downloaded 497 times

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:44 am

I've implemented a first version of a post processor for RemoteWin. Please note that a lot of this is "fishing in the dark", as there's no complete, correct file supplied and there's only one tool change in the file which makes it hard to determine what is header and that is tool header. Imitating the provided example file exactly would require more work as it has for example separate lines for feed rates.

To use the attached post processor, save the file into the postprocessors directory of your QCAD/CAM installation.

Always exercise extreme caution when running programs on a machine. The safety and correctness of any CNC program when working on a real machine is the sole responsibility of the CNC machinist.
Attachments
RemoteWinMM.js
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 487 times

Norbert

Post by Norbert » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:00 am

Hello Andrew,

thanks for the file. I did build a GCode-file. That works well and everything seems to be in place and format. But I did not try to run the file on my machine. I will do that today in the late afternoon/evening or tomorrow. Than I will give you a report.

Regards

Norbert

Norbert

Post by Norbert » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello Andrew,

excuse me for being later than announced. I tried to build a file from your new Postprocessor (RemoteWIN). I could create a file, but that does not work. It gives an error message from the first line. I tried to ignore that line, but it returnes with new error messages every line. After a few triales I found out, that the file has the same problem than before. The "LF" at the end of every line is there, but the "CR" is missing. What ISEL machines must have is a "CR and LF" at the end of every line.

Regards

Norbert

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:04 pm

I've added the line feed for Windows.
Attachments
RemoteWinMM.js
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 452 times

Norbert

Post by Norbert » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:52 pm

O.K.
The added Linefeed was the first step. Now the file works, which means, that it works until the second toolchange. Obviously the machine only allows to have one "M6" order in the CAM-file. But there must be something wrong. I added two CAM-Files to this message. The first one (Rueckwand-Netzeingang.NC) is a file I buit with the first RemoteWIN postprocessor you programmed. That one works up the the first toolchange in line N180 (T2 M6). After I deleted the "M6" from the file it runs down to the end. Problem there is, that it does not stop the spindle at toolchange, it does not travel to the toolchange position (which is defined correctly in RemoteWIN). Therefore I think, at toolchange it needs to have an explicit command to travel to the toolchange position, than it needs to have a "M05" to stop the spindle and than an "M1/M01" to interrupt the workflow. I will try that out in the next few days.

I added a second file (Testfile_RemoteWIN.nc) which is built with the new version of the RemoteWIN postprocessor.That one orders the machine to travel to position G00 X10.0000 Y30.0000 which works perfectly. Than it stops to wait for the tool and interrupts the workflow. But it is not at the toolchange position , which would be at X400.000 Y20.0000 Z-10.0000. I think this comes from the first position which should be changed. But than (at line 20) it sends an error message that the tool is not defined. If I order the machine to ingnore it and to go on with the next order, it ignores all toolchanges and all other orders in between. This is, because I deleted all M6 orders after the problem occured as described before.

This (Testfile_RemoteWIN.nc) added to this message, is the original file from the postprocessor. This original file includes the former mentioned M6 orders I deleted for the test.

If you want me to get more infos from the ISEL experts because of the strange behavior, please let me know.

Regard

Norbert
Attachments
Rueckwand-Relaisplatine.nc
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Rueckwand-Netzeingang.NC
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 472 times

Return to “QCAD/CAM”