Origin

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

KHE

Origin

Post by KHE » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:44 pm

Is there a way have the origin centred on the screen in my default template?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Origin

Post by Husky » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:37 am

If the template has no entities - no.
If the template has entities like a paper frame etc. - maybe. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

KHE

Post by KHE » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:11 pm

I tried with an entity but as soon as I hide it the drawing defaults to the lower left.

Now moving on I am making cabinets. Overall things are going well. I've come up with a way to create and then paste them into the sheet ready for tool paths. I have one 1250 x 1250 sheet. When creating the q code it always relates to the origin 0,0. Currently I have many different layers to turn on/off to make new tool paths. Is there a way to have many sheets and some how tell the toolpath to use a different start point. Is there a way to create a toolpath for a part and then move the part and toolpath to the sheet?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:06 am

KHE wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:11 pm
When creating the q code it always relates to the origin 0,0.
The Origin at 0,0 is used as "Homeposition". If that isn't working for you move the whole drawing so that the Homeposition meets your needs.
KHE wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:11 pm
... how tell the toolpath to use a different start point.
You can use "Relocate Startpoint" (OR) (Menu/Draw/Polyline) to set the Startpoint on a Polyline where it suits your needs.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

KHE

Post by KHE » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:43 am

Thanks, yes I am using as you describe. Just trying to find ways to improve. I understand how to move the whole drawing but it would be better I could have sheets layed layout out with parts that could use multiple home positions. As we use it now there can only be one relative home positions. Sounds like I am doing ok.

KHE

Post by KHE » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:29 am

Husky
I just realized there is a way to have multiple 'home' positions. In cam configurations I can set home as needed. As long as I turn off any existing toolpaths the program will follow a home position I set.

KHE

Post by KHE » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:32 pm

Unfortunately that did not work. The simulation looked fine but when on the machine the g code still looks for the original origin. I am using G-code offset mm .nc.

Return to “QCAD/CAM”