Two newbie questions

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

sfmac
Registered Member

Two newbie questions

Post by sfmac » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:12 am

Just became a user of QCAD. Finally found a 2D cad program worth using. Just have a couple of questions.
1) Is it possible to set the size of the default viewport? I work with very small models and only need a viewport 24 inches (x direction) and 12 inches (y direction. Currently would have to zoom in every time.
2) I have tried to cancel the 'trial' displays for CAM and QCAD PRO. I click the "Remove " button for both but they just return when I boot up. Is there a way to permanently turn them off?
Apologize if these have been answered before but didn't find in forum. Thanks in advance for assistance.
Mac

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Two newbie questions

Post by andrew » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:18 am

sfmac wrote:1) Is it possible to set the size of the default viewport? I work with very small models and only need a viewport 24 inches (x direction) and 12 inches (y direction. Currently would have to zoom in every time.
You might want to start all your new drawings by loading a drawing as template (with all your usual layers, a drawing border, etc.).
sfmac wrote:2) I have tried to cancel the 'trial' displays for CAM and QCAD PRO. I click the "Remove " button for both but they just return when I boot up. Is there a way to permanently turn them off?
When you click the remove link, a dialog shows you which files will be removed. Simply remove those files manually (QCAD does not appear to have sufficient permissions on your system to remove them).

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”