Layer list with CE

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

hal_v
Newbie Member

Layer list with CE

Post by hal_v » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:05 am

I removed the Professional add-on, after installing QCAD, then restarted the programme as suggested.

Later when reading through the reference manual, the one of the Widgets, namely "Layer List" is shown as PRO ONLY. But I have it showing on my CE together with Block List, Properties Editor, Library Browser and Command Line.

Also when I click "About" under the HELP, it shows Community Edition. 3.16.7

I am running Qcad on Ubuntu MATE 16.04 on a ASUS x550la laptop.
I only ask because I only want the Community edition but seem to have some elements of the Professional edition as well. Could someone assure me I have ONLY the CE version please.

hal_v

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Layer list with CE

Post by Husky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 am

Hello hal_v - welcome to the Forum.
hal_v wrote:I only ask because I only want the Community edition but seem to have some elements of the Professional edition as well. Could someone assure me I have ONLY the CE version please.
Thank you for asking us - we appreciate it!

You are on the safe side - Layer List and Block List is also part of the CE Version but the Layer List in the CE doesn't offers "Parent layer" functionality - that is only available in the Pro Version.

Here you will find the whole list for CE and/or Pro features:
http://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-documentation/qcad-features

Have fun with your CE! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

hal_v
Newbie Member

Post by hal_v » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:15 am

Thank you very much, I used autocad and intellicad for years professionally, but now I'm retired QCAD works well for me. Excellent programme and the support, such as yourself is also excellent.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:33 am

Thank you very much! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”