Printable manual?

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

lphilpot

Printable manual?

Post by lphilpot » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:26 pm

I know the user reference maunal is at viewforum.php?f=76, which is fine in terms of content, but is there a PDF or single page version that's printable? I found the 2.2 manual online but nothing for 3.x.

Apologies if this is FAQ, but I searched and didn't find anything.

Thanks.
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Printable manual?

Post by Husky » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:28 pm

Hello lphilpot - welcome to the forum.
lphilpot wrote:I know the user reference maunal is at ...
Yes - you are correct, the actual Reference Manual is always below http://www.qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/reference/en/
lphilpot wrote:I found the 2.2 manual online but nothing for 3.x.
Yes, that is also correct ... available only through the RibbonSoft Online Shop.

Please check out the RibbonSoft Online Shop ...
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/shop/category ... ategory=77

... and have a preview at what you get for this small obolus :wink:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad/book/qca ... iew_en.pdf
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

lphilpot

Post by lphilpot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 am

OK, I see. I thought the QCAD book was an "additional" publication, like a 3rd party book, but it is the manual.

Curious - If I wanted both PDF and printed book would I have to separately purchase each? Or does buying the printed book entitle the purchaser to the PDF as well? I really prefer reading on paper (I know, I'm a dinosaur :D) but searching a PDF is much better.

Thanks.
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:53 am

lphilpot wrote:Curious - If I wanted both PDF and printed book would I have to separately purchase each? Or does buying the printed book entitle the purchaser to the PDF as well?
This question has to be answered by Andrew - I'm only a QCAD user like you. I'm pretty sure he will come back on that soon (different timezone).

All what I can tell is that the pdf is printable .... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 am

lphilpot wrote:OK, I see. I thought the QCAD book was an "additional" publication, like a 3rd party book, but it is the manual.
Just to clarify: the QCAD book is not the same as the user reference manual.

The QCAD User Reference Manual (online and included with QCAD) lists all tools of QCAD with a brief description.

The QCAD Book introduces the fundamental concept of CAD and how to apply them. It also explains what layers or blocks are and how to use them with many examples and detailed step by step instructions.
lphilpot wrote:Curious - If I wanted both PDF and printed book would I have to separately purchase each? Or does buying the printed book entitle the purchaser to the PDF as well?
I'm happy to offer you a 50% discount for the e-book if you purchase also the printed book. Please forward the receipt from Lulu to [email protected] and I will send a discount coupon code for the e-book if you are interested.

lphilpot

Post by lphilpot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I've put QCAD Pro and the printed book on my Christmas list. 8)
Len
QCAD Pro

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”