[solved] Two-finger scrolling on a Mac trackpad

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

CAD4All

[solved] Two-finger scrolling on a Mac trackpad

Post by CAD4All » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:34 am

I have learning to use LibreCAD for drawing up house plans, However, I have run into a technical issue that the LibreCAD team are unable to solve. So I am considering switching t QCAD. I have checked out the issue on QCAD and it does not occur. However, I have run into a different problem. I work on a Macbook Air which is running the latest version of Big Sur. I am using the built in trackpad. However, when I try to scrolling using the tow-finger gesture the drawing zooms instead. The "spread and pinch" gesture — which is what should be used to zoom — works as expected. I thought that this might be because of differences in the conventions for trackpad scrolling and zooming. However, it seems that Windows uses the same conventions as Mac in this regard. What is going wrong?

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Two-finger scrolling on a Mac trackpad

Post by CVH » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:39 am

Hi,
Not sure, I am a destop/mouse user. :wink: ;-)
Have a look at Menu .. Edit .. Application Preferences (Ctrl+,) .. Graphics View .. Navigation .. Two finger swipe

BTW I am also interested in the mentioned technical issue ... :wink: :
CAD4All wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:34 am
I have run into a technical issue that the LibreCAD team are unable to solve.
I have checked out the issue on QCAD and it does not occur.
Regards,
CVH

CAD4All

Post by CAD4All » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 am

That suggestions was just what I needed. It fixed the problem immediately. Thanks.

The technical issue with LibreCAD is that when I try to draw a parallel to an existing oblique line, the parallel lines do not appear as the cursor is moved over the original line. If the line is vertical or horizontal the parallel lines do appear. The lines can be drawn either using the Vertical or Horizontal tool or the Two-point tool but drawn exactly vertical or horizontal. There is another issue. Even in the case of a vertical or horizontal line the parallel lines appear only on one side of the existing line, irrespective of the side from which the cursor approaches the existing line.

I have only found this problem with Big Sur 11.5.2 on my mid-2013 MacBook Air. When I use the same version of LibreCAD on my daughter's MacBook Air running Catalina it works as it should. So the problem could be specific to Big Sur or it could be an issue with my MacBook Air. However, I have no other problems with my MacBook Air.

I would like someone else who is using Big Sur to check out the Parallel function. However, I don't have anyone to ask, and when I posted the issue on the LibreCAD Forum no one came forward to either confirm or disconfirm the that they were experiencing the problem.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:46 am

Please post any unrelated and new question in a new topic. That will keep the forum overseeable and searchable - and it is a forum rule. :wink: Thanks!
CAD4All wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 am
However, I don't have anyone to ask, and when I posted the issue on the LibreCAD Forum no one came forward to either confirm or disconfirm the that they were experiencing the problem.
I'm sure you understand that we don't support (for many reasons) other software packages like LibreCad etc.. Any QCAD related question is welcome and we're doing our best to help you!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

CVH
Premier Member

Re: [solved] Two-finger scrolling on a Mac trackpad

Post by CVH » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:51 am

CAD4All wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 am
That suggestions was just what I needed. It fixed the problem immediately. Thanks.
Glad that I could help. :P
Very sorry that I was curious ... :oops:

CVH

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:03 am

Husky wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:46 am
That will keep the forum overseeable and searchable - and it is a forum rule. Thanks!
Sure, 100% agreed, I only don't see it mentioned in the <QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems> forum rules ...

Regards,
CVH

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:10 am

CVH wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:03 am
Sure, 100% agreed, I only don't see it mentioned in the <QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems> forum rules ...
Fixed.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:26 am

Thanks Andrew,
CVH

CAD4All

Post by CAD4All » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:00 pm

Husky,

I didn't post a question about LibreCAD. I was asked a question and I gave an honest and accurate reply. If the question to which you were objecting was the one to which I was replying then why didn't you highlight the question rather than part of my reply?

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”