How to enable original one-click selection method

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

necedemalis
Registered Member

How to enable original one-click selection method

Post by necedemalis » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:21 pm

I used qcad 2.0.5 for a very long time for small personal projects (yes, I know it was really old, but it worked and what aint broke don't fix, right?). I recently upgraded my OS (OpenBSD) and with it came a new version of QCAD (3.24.3), however, I find that I much prefer the older style method for selecting objects. Is it possible to enable the original method? Specifically, what I found extremely useful is the ability to use a single-click to select and deselect objects individually into a selection group without resorting to the keyboard and holding down shift to add and remove objects from the current selection. A single-click would automatically add an

I find myself having a large selection of objects and then clicking to add another and losing the entire selection. One might argue that this is a learned behavior, and to some extent it is, but I also believe that the original behavior was more parsimonious and a much better method for selecting things.

If there is a preference for this, I haven't found it. Is there perhaps a compile-time option?

Thanks

andrew
Site Admin

Re: How to enable original one-click selection method

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Edit > Application Preferences > Appearance > Persistent selection

necedemalis
Registered Member

Re: How to enable original one-click selection method

Post by necedemalis » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Excellent! I hunted and hunted for that but to no avail.

Given your guidance I found it under:

Edit > Application Preferences > Graphics View > Appearance > Persistent Selection

Thank you.

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”