Which size XP-Pen Artist drawing tablet should I buy?

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

gushi
Registered Member

Which size XP-Pen Artist drawing tablet should I buy?

Post by gushi » Fri May 04, 2018 3:16 am

I have a fifteen inch XP-Pen Artist 15.6 . I want to use it for drawing (love to draw people, nature, animals and sometimes abstract), graphic design and editing photos. I do want to have accuracy. I've read that small would be good because it all depends on the screen size in comparison to the actual tablet, but I've also read that you can get more accuracy with a slightly larger tablet. such as XP-Pen Artist22E I don't mind moving my hand a bit for accuracy. I've called best buy and all they say I cannot test the tablet, but I can buy it and return it if its not to my liking.

I'd really like to test it out however to choose. I've used small tablets before and recall having to do some zooming in for nice detail on the 15 inch. I no longer have one and would like to find the best fit. I guess I could be leaning toward either whatever is truly the best fit for me. I want to create beautiful works of art and to eventually do it professionally.

Let me know what you think is the best solution in this case. Thank you so much! ​

Marc56

Re: Which size XP-Pen Artist drawing tablet should I buy?

Post by Marc56 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:27 am

I want to use it for drawing (love to draw people, nature, animals and sometimes abstract), graphic design and editing photos...
Most are image editing activities, so bitmap images (JPG, PNG etc).
QCAD is a CAD/CAM software therefore vector images (DXF, SVG, DWG)
Some functions of this type of tablet such as pressure on tablet and pen angle are not used in CAD/CAM.
It is not necessary to have a very sophisticated table to make CAD and a large surface is not necessary, because one works more often in relative mode and zoom and not in absolute mode (size screen = size tablet) which is very tiring

I think you will get better answers on a forum dedicated to graphics.
:wink:

RigobertoB
Registered Member

Re: Which size XP-Pen Artist drawing tablet should I buy?

Post by RigobertoB » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:26 pm

gushi wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:16 am
I just got VyprVPN and have a fifteen inch XP-Pen Artist 15.6 . I want to use it for drawing (love to draw people, nature, animals and sometimes abstract), graphic design and editing photos. I do want to have accuracy. I've read that small would be good because it all depends on the screen size in comparison to the actual tablet, but I've also read that you can get more accuracy with a slightly larger tablet. such as XP-Pen Artist22E I don't mind moving my hand a bit for accuracy. I've called best buy and all they say I cannot test the tablet, but I can buy it and return it if its not to my liking.

I'd really like to test it out however to choose. I've used small tablets before and recall having to do some zooming in for nice detail on the 15 inch. I no longer have one and would like to find the best fit. I guess I could be leaning toward either whatever is truly the best fit for me. I want to create beautiful works of art and to eventually do it professionally.

Let me know what you think is the best solution in this case. Thank you so much! ​
I really think bigger is better when it comes to tablet size, but with a big caveat being personal preference. If you're not used to working with big tablets, you'll have a hard time adjusting.

Return to “Chat”