Transferring Blocks from LibreCAD to QCAD

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ianmacaskill
Newbie Member

Transferring Blocks from LibreCAD to QCAD

Post by ianmacaskill » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:33 pm

Well, it is a challenge getting back to CAD. I have been retired 11 years and my previous experience was with MicroStation. After a long break, now getting back and have chosen QCAD. Have acquired QCAD Professional and purchased the book "An Introduction to Computer-Aided Design" The learning curve will not be too steep but I will need to adjust from what I became accustomed to, working MicroStation. I look forward to assistance through the QCAD Forum. My first question: Can I copy or transfer Blocks I created in LibreCAD, (which I tried before choosing QCAD professional) to QCAD? My operating system is Windows10 Home.
Ian Macaskill

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Transferring Blocks from LibreCAD to QCAD

Post by Husky » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:53 pm

ianmacaskill wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:33 pm
Can I copy or transfer Blocks I created in LibreCAD, (which I tried before choosing QCAD professional) to QCAD?
Yes, you can open or import a drawing with blocks created in LibreCad in QCAD. Then you can further process them as desired depending on your drawing goals.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

ianmacaskill
Newbie Member

Re: Transferring Blocks from LibreCAD to QCAD

Post by ianmacaskill » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:10 pm

I will be trying this and hope it works. If I have any problems with Block transfers I will ask for help. Thanks

Return to “Chat”