How do i get architectual symbols on my plans

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

yoz7241
Registered Member

How do i get architectual symbols on my plans

Post by yoz7241 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:36 pm

I have just recently purchased the software but I can only find default architectural symbols in the library. How do I get the full symbols as I will need it for electrical layout plans im trying to do. I found them but had to unzip them but its on my desktop now and not in the qcad program which is a nightmare as I need to be able to flick through to what I need. Any help in getting them or where to find them would be great.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: How do i get architectual symbols on my plans

Post by Husky » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:36 am

Hi yoz7241 - welcome to the forum!
yoz7241 wrote:I have just recently purchased the software but I can only find default architectural symbols in the library. How do I get the full symbols as I will need it for electrical layout plans im trying to do. I found them but had to unzip them but its on my desktop now and not in the qcad program which is a nightmare as I need to be able to flick through to what I need. Any help in getting them or where to find them would be great.
You can tell QCAD where to find this customized library source.
Menu / Application Preferences / Widgets / Library Browser
Husky-2016.04.10-01.png
Husky-2016.04.10-01.png (47.64 KiB) Viewed 6687 times
(QCAD will ask you to restart QCAD)

After that launch the Library Browser - update the Database and your new Library List is usable with preview in this Library Browser.
Husky-2016.04.10-02.png
Husky-2016.04.10-02.png (19.7 KiB) Viewed 6687 times
Husky-2016.04.10-03.png
Husky-2016.04.10-03.png (27.01 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
I recommend NOT to use a subdirectory within the QCAD tree - it makes it easier to maintain this customized library with all upcoming QCAD updates ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Chat”