Align not working for me!

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

growdigital
Newbie Member

Align not working for me!

Post by growdigital » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:03 pm

I managed to find the Align tool (Modify > Align) but I can't figure out how to use it.

I select 3 rectangles to be aligned (Align to: Picked Entity, no other option other than Drawing available) and when I click the Tick button, they all shift down a bit.

I can't see any "align to biggest or smallest entity in the selection", wondering if this is the missing link?

Screengrab:
align.png
align.png (65.33 KiB) Viewed 8730 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Align not working for me!

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:54 am

Hi growdigital,
growdigital wrote:I select 3 rectangles to be aligned (Align to: Picked Entity, no other option other than Drawing available) and when I click the Tick button, they all shift down a bit.
I can't see any "align to biggest or smallest entity in the selection", wondering if this is the missing link?
take this "Align to: Picked Entity" word-for-word. Do your selection, chose your align options and move with your mouse over the selected entities. You will see a dash/dot helpline which indicates a preview of the result. Left mouse click will then execute your choice.

Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

growdigital
Newbie Member

Re: Align not working for me!

Post by growdigital » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:02 am

Hi @Husky

Gotcha! The extra step was throwing me -- most graphics packages I use don't have that step in the align functionality.

I've made a screengrab to clarify it for anyone else who's looking.

thank you :)

Jake
align-dotted.png
align-dotted.png (3.23 KiB) Viewed 8716 times

Return to “Chat”