lines

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ka7tur
Newbie Member

lines

Post by ka7tur » Sun May 07, 2017 7:29 pm

What did I do to start making my lines disappear if I am not on a grid point, and how do I undo it?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: lines

Post by Husky » Sun May 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello ka7tur - welcome to the forum.
ka7tur wrote:What did I do to start making my lines disappear if I am not on a grid point, and how do I undo it?
To help you more effectively I need a little bit more on explanation.

Do you need to make lines etc visible / invisible but they have to stay in the drawing .... or do you need to delete those lines?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

ka7tur
Newbie Member

Post by ka7tur » Sun May 14, 2017 1:04 pm

I try to make a line (B) from a point (D) to another line (A). B needs to be perpendicular to A. The point on A at which perpendicularity occurs is NOT a grid point. The line B disappears when the intersection point on A is not a grid point.

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun May 14, 2017 9:07 pm

ka7tur wrote:The line B disappears when the intersection point on A is not a grid point.
Sorry - I can't reproduce that behavior.
ka7tur wrote:I try to make a line (B) from a point (D) to another line (A). B needs to be perpendicular to A. The point on A at which perpendicularity occurs is NOT a grid point.
Working with the Grid is very limited. I recommend to get more familiar with Snap Points. That's the way to design a precisely drawing. Here is a rough description whats behind this Snap idea of a CAD Systems:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/doc/qcad/2.2/ ... ter14.html

You will find the tools i.e. in the QCAD Menu below "Snap":
Husky-2017.05.14-01.png
Husky-2017.05.14-01.png (36.64 KiB) Viewed 11096 times

If I understood your description correctly here is a way to solve your task with help of those tools. I used the snap "Perpendicular" tool.

If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

ka7tur
Newbie Member

Post by ka7tur » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Apparently not. I will try to explain again. In past drawings, I could draw a line,A, then start another line B whose origin was somewhere on line A, and pull the free end of B across the drawing on a course approximately parallel to A, and line B would snap at a point that made B perpendicular to A. That function seems to have disappeared.

ka7tur
Newbie Member

Post by ka7tur » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:14 pm

I am certain I have done something to have caused this to happen. I am by no means a professional draftsman, I am just an old retired farmer who has been using this program for a few years and have learned to love it

.......Pete

Husky

Post by Husky » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:40 pm

14 months? Looks like you are not in a hurry .... :wink:

ka7tur wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 pm
Apparently not. I will try to explain again. In past drawings, I could draw a line,A, then start another line B whose origin was somewhere on line A, and pull the free end of B across the drawing on a course approximately parallel to A, and line B would snap at a point that made B perpendicular to A. That function seems to have disappeared.
Unfortunately I can't remember a function which was working in QCAD as indicated. All what I can think of is to draw the line A and use the Line tool "Orthogonal" to position the line B perpendicular to A.

Return to “Chat”