What happens re download site after one year?

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

John2005
Registered Member

What happens re download site after one year?

Post by John2005 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi,

I just purchased QCad and got a message that the personal download website will only work for one year.

What happens after one year if I need to download my QCad software again?

Thanks,
John

andrew
Site Admin

Re: What happens re download site after one year?

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Accessing your Downloads

After your purchase you have received an e-mail with a download link. From there you are able to download the software and install it. This download link is valid for one year. After one year, your access to the download area expires and you will get an appropriate message when using the download link.

QCAD itself does not have an expiry date. You can continue to run the downloaded and installed version as long as you like. However, you do need to backup the downloaded installer file in case you switch computers or need to re-install.

Purchasing an Update

If after a year you decide to renew your QCAD Professional or QCAD/CAM license to keep accessing new versions of the software (and optionally e-books) you may purchase a new QCAD Professional or QCAD/CAM license and receive a 30% update discount. A discount coupon code is sent to your e-mail before your access to downloads expires.

John2005
Registered Member

Post by John2005 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 pm

If QCad software doesn't have an expiry date then why put an arbitrary expiry date on the download links?

99% of companies respect their customers by maintaining permanent software download links.

Expiring the download links doesn't show any loyalty or appreciation towards your customers.

With all due respect, it's a small-minded, selfish, tightfisted policy.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear that this is an issue for you. We value your feedback on this issue.

Return to “Chat”