Adding Tools To The Qcad

Have some feedback on the RibbonSoft web site? Want something added to the QCAD online manual? Post it here!

Moderator: andrew

mwakio
Newbie Member

Adding Tools To The Qcad

Post by mwakio » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Actually am really impressed with the work you have done, congratulations. I have used QCAD and i have really enjoyed it but i got some difficulties. Am a student doing computer networks and i would like to use Qcad to design my network topology before going into configuration. If possible you can add tools like computer, router, server ,switch and a wireless computer ,just tools and we will use the line tool as a cable to show the connection, even we can add diffrent types of line tools to indicate a console cable, cross over etc this will enable many network administrators to utilize Qcad. I like Qcad and promise to use it 4ever. thanks people am so happy to be part of you.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Adding Tools To The Qcad

Post by andrew » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks for your encouragements!
You can use the part library (View - Library Browser) to insert symbols as blocks into a QCAD drawing.

The part library browser supports files of type DXF, DWG (QCAD Pro only) or SVG (subset supported).

Additional symbols are available at:
http://qcad.org/en/qcad-add-ons

The package called 'thenounproject.com' might contain some symbols that might be useful for you. You can also browse their icons online at thenounproject.com.

mwakio
Newbie Member

Post by mwakio » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 am

thanks a lot for your help, am really impressed and promise soon to post my work which i have done using Qcad

Matfie

Post by Matfie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 am

Hello

this is tangentially related to the answer -- I was looking for information about the parts library that used to be available but I didn't find any link to the page you mentioned through the actual website. It would be a good idea to put it in the QCAD section menu at the side, under "Add Ons" ?

Return to “Site Feedback”