Bogus notification?

Have some feedback on the RibbonSoft web site? Want something added to the QCAD online manual? Post it here!

Moderator: andrew

OldAl

Bogus notification?

Post by OldAl » Wed May 20, 2009 12:32 am

I received a notification of reply to a thread which I am watching (so the email says):
... use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/rsforum/viewt ... =2287#2287
A click on the given URL says that the topic does not exist. Actually, the name of the topic is "Typos" and it does exist. Looks to me like a web malfunction. If that is what it is, then perhaps you would want to know about it.

OldAl.
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 pm

That was just a reply from a spammer that was deleted before you reacted to the notification. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to eliminate 100% of all spammers, a small portion always gets through and we simply delete those as quickly as possible.

OldAl

Post by OldAl » Thu May 21, 2009 12:37 am

andrew wrote:That was just a reply from a spammer that was deleted before you reacted to the notification. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to eliminate 100% of all spammers, a small portion always gets through and we simply delete those as quickly as possible.
Thank you for the clarification. No problem for me- just wanted to let you know. The <del> key gets a lot of use on my PC, too. :)

Kind regards, Al.
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)

Return to “Site Feedback”