Feedback -XLines and Rays

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Feedback -XLines and Rays

Post by Clive » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:52 am

Thanks Andrew for adding XLines and Rays in the new release -QCAD 3.6,fantastic, very useful indeed 8) (try playing around with the divide tool on these infinite lines :wink: ).
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Feedback -XLines and Rays

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Let me know if it does not work as expected. It's quite likely that for some tools, XLines and Rays don't work as expected yet.

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:03 pm

andrew wrote:Let me know if it does not work as expected. It's quite likely that for some tools, XLines and Rays don't work as expected yet.
Sure, I'll keep you posted about any problems.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi everybody,

maybe I'm just not smart enough but I don't get it. I've "ask" the Reference Manual but it tells me ..... nothing about it. :wink:

What is the secret behind this:
Husky-2014.06.23-01.png
Husky-2014.06.23-01.png (5.1 KiB) Viewed 10213 times
Distance? To what? If I have an empty drawing it will snap to many "invisible" points (no, the grit is off) and I have no idea what is going on.
And Base? What means Base?

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something but .... what? e_surprised
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 pm

These inputs are part of the new Snap > Restrict Angle or Length tool.
This snap restriction can be used for any tool and has nothing to do with xlines or rays.

The angle field restricts the angle to multiples of the given value, starting with the given base angle.
In the same way, the distance field restricts the distance to multiples of the given value, starting with the given base distance.
Angles and distances are measured relatively to the relative zero, as with all snap restrictions.

The base angle and distance will likely be zero for most cases.
Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 23.12.55.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 23.12.55.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 10203 times

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks for explanation!
andrew wrote:These inputs are part of the new Snap > Restrict Angle or Length tool.
This snap restriction can be used for any tool and has nothing to do with xlines or rays.
But it pops automatically up as option if I start "Line from two points" which has also the "Infinite line" and "rays in the Option bar. Sorry that I have seen any connection between those options and lines.

However. If I just like to use the "Line from two points" with a given distance and try to put the first point on a line (on entity) - why is the snap jumping around and I can't place it as expected correctly on the line? For what is the snap looking? Grit is of!
Husky-2014.06.24-02.png
Husky-2014.06.24-02.png (20.45 KiB) Viewed 10188 times
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:52 am

Uncheck the [ ] Distance option for the first point, enable it for the second point only.

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:44 pm

andrew wrote:Uncheck the [ ] Distance option for the first point, enable it for the second point only.
Fair enough! :wink:

caigner

Post by caigner » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:24 am

Two thumbs up from me for the new XLines and Rays. Indeed a very useful addition to the already very good QCAD. THANKS!!!

Regards,
Christian
(from Austria)
QCAD Pro on Gentoo Linux

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”